Hey there, I'm Jack. I am an avid programmer, math enthusiast, and passionate high school student at Upper Canada College. These characteristics define many of my interests, including three areas of innovation that I am researching: artificial intelligence, biotech, and blockchain.
Artificial intelligence is an area of modern innovation that I find fascinating because it has so many applications in all aspects of our lives. Recently I have been focusing on researching machine learning with neural networks, a branch of artificial intelligence that is remarkably similar to how humans learn.
The medical industry is changing by the day and for the better. However, I still believe that we are only scraping the surface in the potential of the biotech industry and its potential impact for human advancement. Thermobeat is a project that I am working that disrupts the technology for pacemakers.
I became interested in blockchain initially after learning about cryptocurrencies last year. Blockchain is a new innovation I am interested in because it is incredibly new technology that is capable of changing how society functions. As I learn more about blockchain, I am excited by the variety of ways it can be applied.
I love working on projects. I believe that they show your teamwork skills and passion for a topic. Here are projects I have worked on. You can hover over the images of the projects to learn more about them. As well, you can click on them to go their website.
I am always interested in working on more projects so please feel free to reach out to me.
Full Stack Developer
Management & Collaboration
- Thompson Prize for Grade 11 Computer Science (2016)
- Certificate of Distinction on Canadian Computing Contest (2017)
- Perfect Score on Pascal Math Contest (2016)
- 37th Place on Galois Math Contest (2017)
- Represented Upper Canada College at the Harvard MIT Mathematics Tournament (2016)
- Silver (100 Hours) Community Service Award (2017)
- Upper Canada College Principal's List (2016)
- Top Defenceman Award for JV Soccer (2017)